Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Bandage.

(today on the train on the way home from church)

We were waiting at the MTR (train) station today after church. There was a short big (muscular- irrelevant to the story really but it gives you a visual- really his arms were huge and oddly disproportionate to the rest of his body) chinese fellow standing next to us. He kept glancing over at us so Owen says "Hello".

He got really excited and asked us where we were from. Owen says, "America".
The train arrives and as we get on he introduces us to his son standing next to him. He then tells us how cute Graham is. Then he takes us and introduces us to his girlfriend. She then asks Owen, "Why does she have that bandage on her head."
Owen says to her, "Well, its a bow."
Her reply, "Why does she have it on her head."
Owen stumbles, "uh, well, um......because its cute?"
Her reply, "Oh yeah...it is cute."

A bandage? Really?
And I was thinking she looked so adorable today. :)




5 comments:

Tiff and Dan said...

that is hilarious!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Are those headbands not popular in hong kong?? They are EVERYWHERE here. Thats funny.

Sonja said...

Ha ha! I think it must be a cultural thing, right? I dunno, but that sure is a funny story. I'm so impressed that Graham knew what it was and what is was for: it's cute, right?

I think so.

Unknown said...

Too funny, she does look cute! :)

HappyHodges said...

LOL! Oh Tara this put a huge smile on my face! I hope you all are doing well in your adventures and with your new little one! This story reminds me of when Ella was just tiny and she had a headband on with a big flower attached (a silk Gerber daisy)She was in her infant car seat and it was winter so we had one of those snuggy zip up things over her seat and just the little head hole open. As we were leaving a store and Adam lifted her out of the cart this older lady said, what kind of flower is that and why in the world do you carry a potted plant in that carrier?!?! LOL we laughed good at this!