we travel to Shatin to go to CitySuper. while here we stock up on all of our American favorite foods. it is quite the trip.
these trips are Graham's favorite, for several reasons...
he gets to ride the train. i look thrilled don't i?
while on the train he gets all sort of attention. treats from strangers, listening to random strangers MP3 players. meanwhile mom and dad watch closely making sure he doesn't break or damage anyone's things.
no stroller on these days, which means he can run around the HUGE mall freely.
when we get to the store he gets to ride in the really small cart and eat some free samples :)
he gets to help put things in the cart!
after the short lived sitting in the cart he gets to push it around the store
not only does he get to push the cart but he get's to hold mom's hand while he does it. WITHOUT her help.
then carrying the groceries home!
you think the reasons stop there but OH NO, it just gets better. you see after the shopping comes the playing in snoopy land!
he gets to explore in the big bus.
walk around the square (and ride the water log ride...if it is open)
enjoy the sights
and play on the playground.
Really what more could a boy want?
(what happened to our hour long grocery trips? -sigh-)
9 comments:
I love all the pictures. I wish our shopping adventures were as fun-filled as yours!
wow thats a long trip! But sounds fun! I can't believe how big your guy is getting, he is so cute!
Oh so fun! Don't you just want to scream at everyone to stop playing with your kid? Just kidding. It does get tiring though making sure your kids behave. How long will you stay in Hong Kong?
Tara! I just came across your cute blog- haha wow does this bring back memories- i wish i was over there with you!!
Ha ha. I love the picture of you in the bus. It looks about how I feel when I have to take the kids shopping. I know all about the not staying in the cart and the endless need the children have to "help"! :) I haven't even attempted the store since I had Ellia (at least not with the kids). Love your guts.
He's growing up too fast! It sounds like things are going pretty well in HK. I think time is flying.
Snoopy Land looks like fun. Graham looks like he has grown a ton even since Christmas!! Give him a big squeeze for us!! Love you guys.
Graham looks so grown up in these pics. I see your errand day was successful! I've never been to the Shatin mall...but I've heard of it. I was told they have good kids shoes, yes?? I need to check it out if that is true...shoes are one of my biggest dilemmas here...well, affordable ones, anyway;)
it is like Disneyland! Loved that shopping adventure.
I feel so guilty for feeling so depressed and crying all the time when I lived in Chicago...you are way further away than that and you are doing so good! I'm sure it is hard, but really, time will pass by so quickly and you will look back and LOVE all the pictures and memories!
Post a Comment