Tuesday, March 24, 2009

hormones.

part one.

awhile ago i received an email from a friend telling me to watch this.

now in order for you engross yourself completely in my story you have to watch it.

did you watch it?

o.k. now I can proceed.

i sat at the table checking my email while graham was on the couch playing with his cars.

i innocently start to watch this clip. don't worry, i start crying. really. i pause the video and say "tara, why are you crying?". so i start it again. more crying, and crying, and crying. then i started laughing at how ridiculous it was that i was crying. which only made me cry more. graham walks over looks up at the computer and then looks at me. even he could tell it was a little odd that his mother was crying watching a tmobile commercial.

hmmmm am i pregnant or what?

part 2.

a few weeks ago OJ came home from work. i was thinking in my head that we were going to sit down, relax, and watch a show. did i tell him any of this? no. i think he's a mind reader.

he sits down gets out his school work and a few bills ( after we had already had a catch up conversation about the past two days he had been away) by this time it is about 9:30- which lets be honest is my bedtime these days. i start to get huffy so i sit down and start blubbering about how i never get to see him (which is a complete lie, we get to see each other quite a bit) i add in a few other tidbits that really don't make sense. even in my tired state i could recognize that. meanwhile, OJ is looking at me similar to the way graham did in the story above. 

i abruptly stopped. looked at him and said in a calm voice. "i think it would be best if i stopped talking and went to bed". he agreed. 

the next morning he rolls over and says, "did you want to finish what you were saying last night?"

I laughed. "uh. no. let's pretend that never happened." 

This is the first time I've been able to step outside of myself while in the midst of the hormones and realize what is happening. its funny, so funny.

crazy hormones.

8 comments:

sadie said...

TARA!! I am so excited for you and just now found out your fantastic news!!! How are you feeling? I wish I could give you a big hug right now. How about I send some banana bread over?....

Alicia said...

I So know how you feel!!!!!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Tara I know what would make you feel better. If you and I got a group together and did that dance in a train station. What do you think?? I'll start learning the dance and next time you're in the states we'll do it! haha.

Ash said...

Congratulations!!! Not on the hormones, but on the baby that comes with added hormones. I'm excited for you. I know that we should all just hope for a healthy baby, but I want you to have a girl. I wonder when you find out? Probably not for awhile. Anyway. Yea for babies!!

Whitney said...

Billy took me to riverdance last year while I was pregnant...FORGET IT! I sobbed through the whole thing. I tried not to get snot on the person next to me. You are more than normal...or would it be more than abnormal...either way we all do it!

Unknown said...

Congrats! that is such exciting news! I love the hormone stories! Don't you love how much they effect us when we are prego! love you lot JoJo

Sharielle said...

Tara, congratulations!!! I am very excited for you guys. What does one do for a baby doctor in Hong Kong? I would be totally interested to hear about it...maybe you can post about it one day :).

Rachel said...

Congrats on being preggo! I hear you on the homronal thing. Pregnancy does weird things to you. Kind of convenient sometimes too though, because you can blame practically anything on being pregnant.