Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A little of this...a little of that.


Yes, it is possible to have ROLLS around your ankles!

He loves sitting in this exersaucer. He will spin and chew on all his toys and babble on and on. Its nice so I can get some things done.


I woke up this morning to clogged milk ducts...AWESOME! Breastfeeding has been such a pleasant experience so far so this was not good news. I was worried that it would turn into mastitis (sp?) So I have been doing all the preventative measures to make sure that it doesn't. It worked! I am clog-free! But really it's not the most pleasant experience, can't imagine what mastitis is like...I hope I never find out. So to all you mom's out there who suffer silently...i'm sorry. I swear one day I am going to write a book about all the CRAPPY things that happen to your body when you get pregnant and have a baby. Don't get me wrong...I love being Graham's mom. But I was not prepared for the painful, painful things my body would go through. Mom's- to- be deserve to know! :)
So Graham has been getting into the habit of waking up about 2-3 hours after I feed him at night. So we decided to let him cry it out. I figured he is a healthy boy and can go 8 hours so lets not let this habit become too comfortable. So Friday night I got my IPOD ready....I fed him at 11:00pm and at 2:00AM I hear the crying start. OJ went in to check on him and then we just let him cry. I listened to Carpenters for 1 1/2 before he finally fell asleep. I figured that was the worst part and it could only get better....So Saturday night...same thing....he wakes up at 2:00AM we check on him, he's fine. Well by 4:00AM he is still crying...AHHHHH...I didn't know what to do...well come to find out he had pooped....I felt so bad just making him scream in his poop. Well he finally fell asleep and woke up at 7:00AM with church at 9:00AM. WOOHOO! Gotta love nights like this. Sunday night I was prepared for torture again...I was pleasantly suprised...he fell asleep at 6:45 PM and didn't wake up until 1:30AM then he woke up at 4:30AM and slept until 7:00AM. I'm not holding my breath...we will see how it goes tonight, but it was nice to get some sleep even if I did wake up with clogged milk ducts!

5 comments:

JAGBHansen said...

That's what we did with our two, except when they started to cry we played a recording of a hair dryer, I know weird! I guess it sounds like white noise and calms them down. It is hard at first to have them cry and you just feel so bad, but you do deserve your sleep. Suprisingly you have to teach yourself to fall asleep so look at it in that light, that slowly Graham will learn that he needs to stay asleep while it is dark outside. And once you have that entire night's rest you will never want to go back to what it was before :) Third baby for us??? Not sure if I am ready for sleepless nights again...Hang in there he'll be fine!

Rachel said...

Ouch... That does not sound pleasant!! I always love to hear when another mom enjoys breast feeding. I did not think I would be into it, but I LOVED it and wish that I would have gone longer now. Graham is so cute I could just squeeze him!!

The Airharts said...

Oh boy, do I agree with writing a book about all the crapy things that happen to you befor and after your pregnancy...I could have plenty of things to say! That ctying it out thing is totaly worth it...dont give in. My dr said it will only take three days of pain...it works, I promise. Good luck

Unknown said...

I had mastitis a couple weeks after Antalya was born. I would not wish it upon anyone. Glad you are feeling better, and good luck getting more sleep.

Jill Hunt said...

I also had mastitis 10 days after Joshua was born and it really is horrible. I have never felt so sick but luckily if you go in right away, the meds really take care of it. I too hate all the pains and changes your body goes through with pregnancy and post pregnancy. Yes you get a wonderful child, but it is hard not to be a little sad to say goodbye to your old body!