Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just another day in paradise.

Posted by Picasa
(the walking escalator to get to different levels of the supermarket. these things drive OJ nuts...usually they are packed and its impossible to pass people. plus, they're SLOW.)

Two days ago OJ's Iphone was stolen. He was on his way to work. He had just gotten off the bus and was on the phone with his brother. He had his phone in one hand up to his ear and his bag in his other hand. A motorcycle with two men on it passed right by him and ripped the phone from his hand. A furious OJ quickly flagged down a man on a motorcycle jumped on and the two of them chased these men for a good 30 minutes. At which point they lost them. Apparently this is the newest form of petty theft in China. They'll take whatever is in your hand. Even  cutting purse straps to steal them away. Pretty horrible. Don't worry, the place we live is pretty safe. (It is no Hong Kong though :) This is closer to OJ's work. OJ was so so so SO angry. He doesn't get angry very often. He couldn't stop talking about it and how if he had his bag on his back he could've stopped them. That night I woke up to find him missing from our bed. I went to find him and he was in the extra bedroom with the scriptures on his lap. I asked him what he was doing and he just replied that he was too angry to sleep.
I guess chalk it up as experience and add it to the list of adventures we're having here.

On a more happy note:
Here are a couple of funny things Graham has said to me lately...

We in the car on the way home from our friends home. My friend was driving and I was in the back with Graham. We were chatting away and Graham says to me:
"Excuse me mom, could you please turn that talking machine off."
at least he was polite??

Today we were playing with his blocks and he was being very protective of a tower of blocks he had built. Finley seeing how protective he was being of course wanted even more to grab it away. He then said, "Don't touch Finley. It is the tower of God!!"

I give Graham a little treat every time he can go in the potty and not in his underwear. Lately he keeps asking for a "spicy cube". I was baffled for awhile and finally figured out he meant a starburst.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

What a horrible experience! Although I did chuckle just a little, because I could picture a very determined OJ. I love the "talking machine" comment. He comes up with the best quotes!

Camille said...

I can't believe it! I'm so sorry!

Kels said...

tara,

your blog is the best thing. I love it!! Hope you guys are loving China. :-)

Rosalene said...

Really? So so sorry. It was so fun seeing you...even if it was for a short time. THanks for coming by. i can't believe how much Graham has grown up! You're coming again soon, right?