Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beijing-The Great Wall

One of the "must do" things for this trip was to go to the Great Wall. I loved it when I went last time and so I wanted to go again. Probably wasn't my brightest idea ever. You forget details like that it would be freezing and that the wall is incredibly steep in many places. Let's just say Finley hated me for it and screamed most of the time. Graham, however, loved it!!
It was memorable to say the least :)

Graham waiting for everyone to get off the chair lift.

Nicola and I trying to console a sad Finley.

Andrew, Nicola, and I (and Finley) before the chairlift.

We were cold! Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Okay, don't worry we didn't buy them...they weren't even warm.

It really is such an awesome sight.


There was even some snow!
To get down from the wall we rode on a Toboggan sled. Graham was in heaven, and once again Finley is scarred for life. :)
(We didn't get a ton of pictures with our camera b/c it died but when I get some pictures from A&N I will update)


5 comments:

Alicia said...

What an awesome sight. Beautiful pictures!

Miki said...

amazing pics!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

So I said to Aaron when I read this post that your feelings probably would have been my feeling exactly. Cold weather with 2 little children=miserable and whiney Whitney. But at least it made for some awesome pictures!

I LOVE your hair, by the way.

Cori said...

Looks like a fun trip even with a sad little girl! So you like the stroller? I am looking for a double and can't decide what to get... I love your new do! I always associate you with short hair even though you look great with both. Miss you!

Whitney said...

Wow! Some how I missed your last three blog posts!! I am amazed! Loved the pictures of the great wall...and LOVE your hair!! It is so cute and makes me want to chop mine!! Also love the crazy things graham is saying! I am so glad you are documenting them on the blog! I miss you and love you!! Cannot wait for summer!!