Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Thirteen...

1. I love those few "moments" when Graham will actually sit still. They are few and far between but I love them when they happen. They occur more often with OJ then with me.
2. He's learning to be a little more patient when we ride on the bus. He realizes now that he can't just get down and walk around.
3. He is a focused, focused little boy. When he wants something he won't stop until he gets it...and there is no derailing him. (hmmmm I wonder where he gets it from?)
4. He loves his daddy. His eyes light up when he gets to play with Dad.
5. He falls down...a lot. Notice that big goose egg on his forehead.
6. He LOVES his "CTR boy" book. He likes us to ask him where things are...like the dog, or baby, or ball. He's getting very good at it.
7. He loves dogs.When OJ came home from China this week he brought this HUGE stuffed dog. He couldn't stop hugging it. He drags it around the house by the ear or foot. It's pretty amusing.
8. Apparently he loves horses as well. This was a couple weeks ago at the History Museum. He would not leave this pink horse alone. He would get on top and just bounce.
9. He loves the vacuum attachment...but not so much the vacuum. He cries and cries every time we turn the vacuum on. However, he will sneak back any chance he can get and grab the attachment and run it along the floor like he is cleaning.
10. Did I mention he loves the vacuum attachment?
11. He's getting very good at communicating...in his own way. A little signing, a little pointing, a little whining.

12. He just watched teletubbies for the first time this week...He was a little frightened but captivated at the same time. He wouldn't take his eyes off of the TV but would step back and then run and stand by me. It was hilarious to watch.

13.He weighs about 28-29 lbs these days. He is one solid kid. I keep thinking he'll thin out...


There is your latest scoop on Graham. I feel like I haven't posted about him in awhile...I'm amazed at how much he understands and what a personality he already has.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Tara, he is so cute! They do grow up so fast. Before you know it he will be talking in sentences. This is a little off the subject, but I read your little blog before this one and I still remember listening to Reba tapes at your house with you when we were younger. Time flies.

Unknown said...

I loved this post. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is a doll!

Jenni said...

He is adorable. Stella and Claire said yesterday. "Mom I miss Tara and Graham (I am sure they meant to say OJ too), Did you know Graham will be 3 when they move back. That is what Tara told us. I cant wait to see Graham." Anyway we all love and miss you guys. Hope your doing well.

Prax Family said...

He is officially bigger than Aden now! Aden is almost 23 pounds and still won't stop eating. What a cute boy, I love watching kids grow up and how they learn so fast. It sounds like you are doing well! Yeah!

Laurie said...

Good Graham post! I needed it :)

Sonja said...

He is also one cute, cute kid! Sam was very solid (32 lbs at 2) and by the time he was four he was (and still is) a bean pole.

I had a similar reaction when I watched Teletubbies for the first time. :)

breena rae said...

thank you for posting pictures and updates on your adorable growing boy. He is too cute and could for sure be Brighton's future husband...anyway...I enjoyed your thoughts from the previous post about "feeling". It's good to remember those things when times are tough. Hang in there...and if you ever get down just think about" you dropped the bomb on me...baby" I mught have already said that once before but I was exercising this morning to it and I thought of you and smiled inside :)

Nicole said...

hi tara! i saw your link (and some of my other dancing friends) on emalia's blog. so good to see your growing family. Graham is adorable. aren't little boys the best? we have two now. hope you'll visit our blog sometime :)

Emily said...

Tara! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I peeked at yours a few weeks back, it must have been when you had first moved. I admire you so much, I hope you are settling in well in China, really you are amazing and what an adventure you are having. Graham is really one of the cutest little boys ever! (I'm not just saying that). And you're right, with boys you don't have to worry about yanking the tangles out of their hair!

Emalia said...

Graham is so cute and growing up so fast! I think he's passed up Kenzie for sure. ;-) I bet it's fun to see his personality come out more and more each day. This has to be my favorite age. (i've said that about every age so far except the first three months)

Dani said...

Give me a G! Give me a R! Give me a A! Give me a H! Give me another A! Give me an M! What does it spell? Yea Graham!

Loved the teletubby part. Reminds me of Oliver Dan.

See you in 59 days.

Cori said...

Wow! Landon just had his 3 year check up and weighed in at 32lbs. He only has 3 pounds on Graham! I can't believe how grown up he is looking! Give him lots of hugs and kisses for us!

Nicole said...

Awwww... I miss seeing Graham's cute little smiling face in church. He is just so adorable! Hope you are doing well. I have some no-oven recipes to send you! I wish you were here with us!

MomG said...

Tara, Graham is growing up so fast. What a cutie! I can just imagine him at Disneyland. The hotel you stayed in had a beautiful view off of the balcony! Just so you know, Chris was 25 lbs at four months. I felt like I was carrying around a cinderblock. However, he was never what you would call fat. All of that weight went to muscle because he was soo.... active all the time. We miss you guys!