Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What a guy...


Here is a little bit MORE about OJ since I was tagged...
What is his name?
Owen Joseph Carlson

How long have you been together?/How long did you date?
This is kind of a tricky question. We have been married for 4 years in May. We have known each other since seventh grade. We went out in middle school which entailed sitting on his front porch 5 feet away from each other in complete silence while OJ stared at his hands. After a few weeks I decided it was getting too serious too fast and told one of my friends to break up with him! :) After this we went our separate ways and then met up again our Senior year of High School. We dated the rest of that year and into our first year of college until he left on his mission...at that point it was left pretty wide open. (He told me we would never get married :) Anyway, he came home we dated for a drama filled year and finally tied the knot May 27, 2004.

How old is he?
OJ turned 26 on January 25th. Although he is still 12 years old at heart.

Who eats more?
It depends...when I am pregnant...totally me! When I am nursing...totally me! OJ is pretty consistent...he can always eat ALOT. Where it goes? Nobody knows!! He really likes EVERYTHING however he will only eat a tomato in things and it has to be a really good one.

Who said "I love you" first?
Before the mission....him.
After the mission...me.

Who is taller?
OJ. He is 6'1' and I am 5'4'.

Who sings better?
It depends on what your definition of "good singing" is. OJ is really good at making up his own songs in a key he creates all on his own. He is also really good at changing keys in the middle of a song. He also likes to create his own notes (ones I've never heard before!) :) Let's just say by the worlds standards I sing better but OJ is much more creative with it.

Who is smarter?
I don't love this question...Obviously we are "smart" at different things. OJ is REALLY good at math. He also knows how to fix ANYTHING. If he doesn't know exactly then he will play with it until he does. (thanks to his dad) He knows random facts about EVERYTHING. I am more knowledgable about current events/politics/english/grammar/the arts.

Who does the laundry?
When I was working we would share the duty. Now that I am home with Graham, I do it. If I am ever behind or need some help OJ will always pitch in.

Who pays the bills?
Before I had Graham we both did. Now he does. We are working back up to sharing the responsibility again. It is much less stressful that way.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Looking at the bed...OJ does.

Who mows the lawn?
We don't have a lawn to mow, but if we did OJ would do it. He loves doing things like that. He is most excited about getting a house so that he can have a yard to take care of!

Who cooks dinner?
I do, but OJ will if I ask him to.

Who drives?
OJ

Who is more stubborn?
Me, Me, Me!!!

Who kissed who first?
Before the mission...OJ
After the mission... I did.
They are both funny stories...if you want to hear just ask.

Who asked who out first?
Our Senior year OJ asked me out on Valentines Day to go to the Renaissance Feast.

Who proposed?
OJ. He did the 7 days of Valentines. Everyday I had a poem and little present on my doorstep.

Who has more friends?
I would have to say it is pretty even. OJ is still buddies with all the guys he grew up with. I had different groups of friends growing up. Now we have made new married friends together.

Who is more sensitive?
I am.

Who has more siblings?
OJ has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters. OJ is the second to youngest and I am third to youngest.

Who wears the pants?
Well, we both wear pants. We have different roles in our marriage. We each have things we are good at and not so good at. I think we are a good balance. For us and our personalities sharing the pants work best for us!

WHEW!! that took a long time...my answers got shorter the further down you go...oh well. Let's see I tag Whitney, Vauri, Breena, Jenni (my sis-in-law), and Miki.

2 comments:

Miki said...

You're too nice Tara. He's a Carlson which equals tone deaf. Jonny and I got a good laugh about that one.

Sonja said...

I loved reading this Tara! I'm going to ask about "the first kisses", though. Sounds like a good story. :)