Monday, April 30, 2012


The part of China that we live is not an especially beautiful place. (not that there aren't BEAUTIFUL places here...I just don't happen to live there.) Its interesting, yes. But pretty to look at? Hmmmm not so much. I never realized how much I "needed" beautiful natural surroundings. But when it disappears from your life you are very aware of how much you crave BLUE skies, FRESH air, TALL mountains.

In the last couple of months our city connected 3 large parks with a biking/walking/running path that circles all three. I think its about 6-7 miles. The best part is that one of the entrances is right by our home. Hurray!

In order for me to get to this entrance I run down "bar street" which is a street lined with bars/clubs/restaurants. Walking down that street in the morning is awful. It is so smelly and I have to jump over puddles of vomit left by nameless people who had too much fun the night before. In the past I would just have to keep running on streets like this. Full of funky smells and smoke. Not anymore! Now this is where I get to run.


4 comments:

Rosalene Pacini said...

vomit...really? Yack. So glad you get to skip that portion of your day!! When are you heading to Zion...or are you this year? If you are...let me know so we can hook up. If you aren't....let me know so I can put your name in the temple. ha ha...just kidding you know!! Love you guys!!!

Rosalene said...

um...that last comment was me, Rosie. I'm not sure what went wrong there...but it was me. Kind of scary...

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

I am glad you have a nice place to run. Let's be honest, if I had to run past vomit I wouldn't go running. Way to go! We love seeing updates so keep 'em comin'!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

At least you are running! You're a champ...if only you could motivate me some how.