Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hey Jon, What's the worst thing that could happen?


My brother Jon came to visit us for two weeks. It was so fun to have him here. We did plenty of sightseeing but also had enough time to be at home and relax. Graham hasn't seen much of Jon in his short 2.5 year life span so it was nice to watch them get to know each other. (Finley as well, but she hasn't really met anyone yet in her almost 7 month life-span :) It didn't take him long to become attached to his "Uncle Jonny" and to be honest I don't think it took long for Jon to become attached to G either.
My brother and I are notorious for our ability to make each other laugh. I laughed more in the past two weeks than I have in a long long time. Not to say that my life is laugh less without him in it :) but....he is one funny guy. Lest you think we've always been close...let me clarify. There was a time when we did anything but make each other laugh. When Jon was in high school and I was in middle school we had bedrooms right next to each other in the basement. We would fight A.LOT. about stupid, stupid things. For example, we both liked this old striped blanket to sleep with ( it was so comfortable). Mostly Jon slept with it and I would steal it off his bed. If you ever wanted to make Jon mad this was the way to do it. He would come pounding on my door swearing at me to give him the blanket back. I of course would fight back with the fact that it wasn't his and I could have it whenever I wanted---I told you we fought about stupid things. For some reason somewhere down the line we stopped fighting and started laughing together. I'm so glad we did.
We don't get to see each other very often. But, that doesn't seem to matter much. Just makes me look forward to the time we do get to spend together.


*I didn't take pictures of everything we did, so here are just some highlights*
Dim Sum at City Hall and shopping at H&M.
Church, Victoria Peak, Star Ferry.

Posted by Picasa
Big Buddha

He also got a suit made. We watched glee/24. Took pics of silly people. Did lots of shopping. Spent plenty of time at the park. Ate lots of egg tarts. ----Thanks for coming Jon!!



6 comments:

Liz said...

I love imagining the two of you laugh (um and fight over a blankie)! I'm so glad you had time with him-brothers (and sisters) are the best. :)

JonJon said...

I'll tell you the worst that could happen...terrorists could kidnap us and rip our toenails off. Maybe we should back off 24. Only after it ends though. Thanks again. Love you guys.

JonJon said...

Oh, and also, I was showing my pictures to Jarrett and he said the pictures of us hiding behind the plants look like marijuana.

Ruth said...

I can't imagine you guys yelling at each other, but then again, Liz and I used to go the rounds.

I loved reading about the trip, glad to know about your blog now!
:)

Lauren said...

I think it's some sort of law that teenage siblings fight over stupid things; I did the same with my older brother.
Fun pictures!

Kathy said...

I remember JON!! He came to one of the concerts while we were on tour, and its true!! You two never stopped. Never. I was pretty intrigued by the whole deal. So who has the blanket now?