last night. It was right before I was going to bed. Owen was at school and Graham asleep in his bed. I flipped on the light in my closet and saw this scurry across the floor...it paused in plain sight and it was HUGE. I panicked and hurried and called OJ. He didn't answer so I put my tennis shoes on ( just in my underwear) and grabbed a shoe and peeked in the closet. It was still there. I tried OJ again, and again, and again until he answered. In tears I told him what I found...his reply?"Well, kill it"
"HOW? It is HUGE!"
"Just be quick and you'll get it."
"But if I miss it will be roaming around our house."
"If you don't try it will be roaming around our house."
But when I went back to try the evil thing was already out of sight. So I did the most rational thing and called OJ back.
"It's gone, what should I do?"
"Go to bed."
"Are you kidding me? I can't go to bed, with that thing crawling around our house."
"Turn the lights on in our room, they don't like light".
So I sat on our bed with the lights on, with a shoe right next to me.
He promised me he would stop and get spray and traps and that he wouldn't leave for China today until he found it and killed it.
I finally fell asleep.
He didn't find it. But he did spray and put the traps out. He still left for China.
Its just me, Graham, and the evil cockroach.
Pray for me.
13 comments:
i don't know what happend to the post I just left. anyways I am laughing so hard! My Dads parents had cockroaches all over their house and when we would turn the lights on you would see them all over. So i know how you feel. My Dad told me that he named them growing up so they are like family. I hope that you get that one and take a picture for me of it dead. lol
Oh! Tara! I totally feel for you. I wake Ben up in the middle of night when I'm feeding the baby to squish bugs. And I called him last summer when I saw a mouse. It's like we think they can do something about it from over the phone!! Good luck getting rid of it. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!!
YUCKY! I am so sorry!!!! You are better than me though, I would have packed all our stuff and moved out. Seriously, I hate things like that. Certain bugs I can handle, cockroaches...can't handle that! Good luck!
I know exactly how you feel! The 1 time I saw a ginormous cockroach in my apt in Japan, I totally freaked out. I wanted to kill it, but definitely didn't want to squish it, so I remember chasing it with spray...ewwwwww! It was at that moment I was very glad I didn't get called to some south american jungle! Good luck. Talk to Jenni about the 6 mice they've caught!
hmmm, was it a week ago I stood in my kitchen with giant tears falling down my face, spray in one hand, and a giant dead water bug on the floor in front of me(looks just like cockroaches-but bigger , and black). That was my final straw...we spray our house weekly and have just learned to deal with them...like everyone else here. IT SUCKS!!! I know how you feel! That big bug I talked about earlier...It was on the lantern hanging over my sleeping baby...I took the lantern down..with the bug still on it...ran it to my kitchen where it jumped off and tried to eat my toes(pretty sure thats what it was doing).
When Tony and I were first married, and living in St. George our apartment had cockroaches everywhere! One time in the middle of the night I woke up to find a huge one crawling up my belly (Under my shirt on bare skin!) and our bed was like five feet off the ground. How it got there I don't know, but I was freaked!
EEEWWWW! I was all grossed out reading your post, now I have the hebbie geebies reading all of those comments. I hate bugs! And spiders! When I was 8 months pregnant with Tristan I seen a huge wolf spider on the tile in the foyer and I grabbed a barstool and the phone, stood on it and called everyone I knew to come and kill it. Everyone was either too far away or busy, so my best friends brother's friend came and killed it. I stood on the barstool for 30 minutes staring at the thing making sure it didn't disappear. Needless to say, when he showed up, he laughed his head off. What a sight, an 8 month pregnant woman standing on a barstool! At least he killed the spider!
You will be in our prayers:)!! Sorry about the creepy bug, we have those in PR , lucky I haven't had any close encounters with them yet. I have with a few lizards and gechos. Good Luck, by the way it was so fun to see you! We miss you!
oh dear. i'm so sorry. i miss you!
Tara i feel for you. We have caught 6 mice in the last week. I thought they were just in the basement but I found mice poop on the couch in my bedroom. Ewwww! It has been 3 days since we have caught on hopefully we are done. Good Luck with the Cockroach. AND
Happy Happy Birthday! We love you and miss you. Have a good Day!
That is terrible! I am so sorry you had an unwanted visitor. I hope he is long gone by now. I sent you an email earlier this week, so I hope you get it and know I am I thinking of you and hope you are well.
So I saw a reference on FB to this cockroach and didn't know what you were talking about...now I know!! That is SICK!!! Almost worth moving back to 700 square feet if you ask me!!! :)
Post a Comment