Monday, February 16, 2009

Ng Tung Chi hike

 A little while ago we decided to get out and go hiking. While we were in the States we bought Graham a backpack with this in mind. We found a trail head near us (as in we took the train, and rode a taxi to the trail head...not quite the hiking I'm used to :) and went for it. We only made it to the lowest waterfall so we want to go back now that we know how much time it takes. We also got to experiment with our new camera...

The lowest waterfall.

Where the trail head starts...


At the beginning of the hike there were lots of stray dogs. Big, scary, mean dogs. The whole time I held onto OJ's arm walking quickly but not too quickly as to encourage them to chase after me. All the while whispering overly dramatic things like "They're gonna come kill us all". What can I say...I'm scared of dogs. Not my mom and dad's dog or dogs on a leash or friendly neighborhood dogs but dogs like this.....I'm terrified of.  OJ wanted me to keep taking their picture...but I wouldn't. I was sure they would know, and be furious. So he took the camera from me. Needless to say, we didn't die but we are taking the air soft gun when we go next time.





Graham enjoyed it for the most part...as long as we kept moving and kept giving him snacks. (dried mangoes are his new favorite)
His favorite part by far was when we got to the waterfall and we let him play on the rocks...he was in h-e-a-v-e-n.

2 comments:

ricka said...

cool hike! love those mangoes.

what camera did you get?

Whitney said...

Cool Hike! I want to come! And how about that crazy trailhead. That blows my mind. Love the backpack too. I bet graham loves it. Love you guys!