Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fevers, Widom Teeth, and a Trip to China...

Its been awhile...life has been busy. To be honest,  at the end of the day when weighing the decision whether to blog or watch TV...American Idol and The Office have been winning.

Right now I'm trying to multi-task by blogging and watching American Idol...I'm not doing very well....Ok commercial break...hurry...

Here's a recap on the past few weeks. Graham got a horrible fever. The poor boy was so miserable. He'd never had a fever like this. I was paranoid of course...partly because I'm experiencing everything for the first time and partly because I just don't know when to act for the MCAD. So we waited 7 hours and it was still pretty high so we took him to insta-care. On the way there he had a blow out in his car seat- AWESOME- so when we got there we tag teamed it. OJ changed him on the grass and I cleaned out the car seat as best I could. We waited for 2 hours to be told nothing was wrong but we'd rather be safe then sorry plus we educated the doctor on MCAD, so that was good. Later that night I looked in his mouth and sure enough his top teeth were coming in....who knew? He didn't get the crazy fever when his bottom teeth came in. Anyway, we'll chalk it up to experience. Might I add that he looks super cute with those teeth! :)

Then it was my turn....OJ and I went in to the dentist (his brother). We both had cavities and I found out I had a wisdom tooth...lovely. So we went in the following week and had all of our work done.  The actually procedure wasn't that bad....except for maybe the "play by play" Tyler gave OJ as he watched. :) Tyler did a great job. Its the after part I didn't love. Let's just say I'm glad I only had one. I can't imagine what it feels like when four are taken out.  

Then last week OJ came home on Tuesday night and told me that he had to go to China on Thursday and would be back on Tuesday. WHAT? Can they do that? Apparently they can. 
I hate when he leaves. Graham and I survived but we like it better when he is around! Anyway, we are awaited his arrival as I type. Then we have to finish getting ready to go to FLORIDA tomorrow. Woohoo. I'm excited to have a little vacation.

Well, that is what we have been up to. Sorry no pictures. OJ has the camera. But there will be plenty when we get back!

17 comments:

Tiff and Dan said...

Sounds like you guys are busy!!!! I wish I was going to Florida! Have so much fun. We'll have to catch up when you get back. I want to hear about what you guys are doing with moving and stuff! Miss ya!

Camille said...

Tara, when are you moving? I just watched the video of Graham eating chicken . . . that is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Email me!

Miki said...

Sheesh. We need to talk more often. I get lots of questions about when you are moving and I have no answers. I usually just think it's really far away, but I'm getting nervous at how fast it may be coming. Anyway, have a great time in Florida.

Rachael and Justin said...

Wow! Sounds like you've been busy. At least you had time to watch American Idol! Have fun in Florida!!!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

When are you moving? I can't believe you are! Graham is so cute. We need to get together before you leave. Love your guts

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Was OJ okay on his trip to China?? Isn't there all sorts of disaster going on over there? Anyway I was worried. I don't know if I'll get to see you before you guys move, because I haven't even seen you in the last few years. But I would love to if it works out, so let me know how long I have to plan a trip to Utah.

Sonja said...

Ooh, I'm sorry about the teething trouble. Plus, it's just no fair that your husband had to go back. BUT I hope you are having a fabulous time in Florida and
I am eagerly awaiting pictures of that cute little boy and his teeth!

breena rae said...

I love the top teeth look. They look slightly grown up!
I had to laugh with the whole blow out thing...of coarse. He was just throwing you guys for a loop. How was OJ's trip? When are you leaving...has the earthquake affected anywhere you're going?
And yes, we are playing phone tag. You know you're it. I know all about the whole being disabled to talk on the phone while they are awake. It just doesn't work. Call me when you get back from Florida...I want to hear all about it! Are you doing the Disney thing?

Ash said...

Hey dude, we should try to get together this summer when we visit. I'll be there the end of June, will you? Maybe you can teach me some chinese.

Lizz Pizza said...

I got to see your little baby boy at church with Cozett last week!! He is getting so big and is SO cute!!!

Emalia said...

I'm sorry about the high fever! yuck! It's so sad to watch your kid be so upset and unhappy and not be able to do much about it.
:-( Are you going to whitney's baby shower next thurs.? see you there!

Linzz said...

Tara and Owen how are you its your old friend Lindsey Lee (smith). I was up late last night and I was so excited when I found your blog. I know it is sort of like I am a stalker but I was really excited!! So Graham is so dang cute. I wish I could squeeze him. It sounds like life is treating you well which makes me happy. Anyway just wanted to say hi! Where are you moving?

Chelsy said...

Tara,

How random that I came across your blog (what a small world blogging creates)! How are you? I haven't seen you in SO long...the good old Visitors Center days. Randomly enough, I now have a job more in your neck of the woods! I am the administrator over all the dance camps at BYU (go figure, me of all people)! I work with all the wonderful camp directors like Marilyn, Kathleen, Jaimin and many others. It's been fun so far...but the real fun begins next week when dance camps actually start!

Anyway...you are still looking adorable as ever! Your family is so cute (I didn't even know you had a baby). Well, just wanted to say 'hi'! We have a blog too if you care to see what we're up to(oh yeah, I got married...even though Troy thought I never would and that I'd always be his assistant!)

Hope things continue to go well for you! Best wishes!

Sheen said...

where did you go lady? are you already moved and shipped out? how is everything?

Lindsay said...

I have totally become a blog stalker. Your family is so cute. And your baby is adorable.
Lindsay Eldredge Robbins

Ravid said...

Haha - there are a lot of blog stalkers' comments here, so I'll join the club. :-) This is Rachael (Robinson) Allred. Sounds like life is an adventure! What else can it be when you're a Mom?! Graham's a cutie - what adorable chubby cheeks he has. My little boy is 2 and my second (girl) is supposed to show up around 2 August.

Justin, Lisa, Mia and Reese said...

Hello wow you guy's are crazy, by the way what does Oj do for work and were are you moving? peace out